Saturday, September 5, 2009

A trip I took a while ago.



That is my advanced field class our second day.

It dawned on me today that I never shared pictures of my advanced field trip with you. The trip was spectacular, by the way, even without showers or running water. Well there are soooo many pictures I can only share a few. In segments.



We went to the Poleta folds behind the White Mountains to map. We didn't get too many pictures though because it rained so much (also we were too tired to care). But here are a few from the first days when it didn't pour.


A big panorama of the field site.


This is called rattlesnake ravine. between everyone we saw two rattlesnakes and ten possible rattlesnakes. I ran too fast from the sound I heard to even check, lol.


This spot was called Hell Hole. Mostly because it is hard to map, I still don't think I was able to figure everything out.


Oh, and this guy is Chris also known as crutchy. He did the whole week on crutches! They lost their rubber soles and he tied socks around the arm gaurds by the end of he week. What a trooper!


And our other capable TA Jon, looking at his bunny friend. They were tremendous help with everyone so spread out across the mapping area.


Lunch on the first day, with everyone eating together.


Lunch on the third day, my little group of three found DK (Dr. Kimbrough)to eat lunch with and check our map stuff, but other than that we would have no clue where anyone was. If not for our walkies that is. Oh, and to illustrate my point, that red circle is Jon way out in the distance.

I may have to many pictures for this post already, but here is one last picture of the White Mts.

1 comment: