Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss California



There is talk about a certain question ruining Miss California's chance to become Miss America. Perez Hilton asked, "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

And Carrie responded "Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman, No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

What a set-up, for one. No matter what she answered, it would have been controversial. And honestly, whether or not I agree with it, California just vetoed same-sex marriage. She was representing our state well I think. If she really lost the crown over this, popular opinion, I think that is wrong. Opinions are opinions, don't ask the question if you don't want to know the answer.

1 comment:

  1. first of all... Perez Hilton?? that alone should throw the whole CONTEST out the window.
    second- "I lost because..." whiney baby- noone will ever know (especially NOW you've whined about it SO MUCH IN THE NEWS)
    third- you said it right "don't ask the question if you don't want to know the answer"

    ReplyDelete